Sunday, March 8, 2009

Alternative Cure Arnold Ehret

Fishing around for an "alternative" cure for chronic kidney disease has been suprisingly unproductive given the number of "quacks" out there.

I did come across the story of Arnold Ehret, however, who supposedly cured himself of uncurable kidney problems in the late 1800's by following a "natural" diet of vegetables, fruits and nuts, as well as fasting for cleansing purposes. He then went on to be a leader of a general movement towards natural living (before being killed by an accident at 55 years old - you can't win them all). One of his books, The Definite Cure of Chronic Constipation, is online and I found it sufficiently interesting that I think it will be worth trying a diet change along his recommendations to see what happens. My only worry is if taking my (probably toxic) medicine will be a good idea while on a reduced food intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment