Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tomorrow the experiment begins

The "no starch"/"no mucus (milk, etc.)" diet is leaving me a bit hungry, which I don't particularly think is a good idea. On the other hand, I think it would be a good idea to have a complete internal scrub, so I should try and eat as little food as possible and drink tea to fill myself until I get to the "water in, water out" stage.

Finally got the hot water working and took my first hot shower in a month or so. Previously hot showers had reduced my pressure readings from 150/95, after arriving home from work, to around 135/85 after the shower. Today, however, I went into the shower at around 140/90 and came out at 140/90... that 140/90 seems like a barrier that I can't break through. This evening I went for a relaxing walk with my girls but that equally didn't have any immediate effect on my pressure. Let's see what happens after a month of peaceful, healthy living.

Today I read that the kidney disease sends hormones that raise the blood pressure... I wonder why? and if this is the body's natural response, is it necessarily a good think to try and interfere with it with drugs? On the whole I don't agree with drug use, especially long term drug use, as they always seem to discover that interfering with the body's natural workings causes other, unexpected problems. Of course when it's life or death this is preferable to dying but in general I think the body has to be given the tools it needs (good nutrition, good sleep, and good mental state) to solve it's own problems. Easier said than done, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment